Dear Family and Friends
As we continue our journey towards Africa, we have more and more learned the meaning of and comfort of Proverbs 3:5 & 6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths”. We have truly learnt that doing everything God’s way is truly the only way to live, it is hard letting go, but we must do this for him to be Glorified within our lives.
We have now completed all of our African Inland Mission Bible requirements, The Dimensions of the Faith Certificate course subjects, from Gordon Cromwell Seminary and the AIM Outbound (Equip) internal training programme which is a Bible based life style programme training us and preparing us to live and thrive in our ministry in Africa. These courses have truly been fantastic, we have learned much, in the form of Bible knowledge and life requirements to serve as full time missionaries.
We have also completed all the required paperwork for Visa Application and Africa Inland Church. They are waiting in the AIM regional office in Kenya for a confirmed date of arrival.
We have over the past few months been busy doing support raising, visiting churches on deputation, speaking and sharing our calling. This has just confirmed and cemented our commitment to and passion for the students and the NASSA Theological College, being involved with mentoring and disciple making within the college and surrounding church and community.
Our support is currently at 27% of our budget of $42,348 and 38% of our outgoing budget of $20,000. If you are praying about becoming a financial partner in God’s ministry, we would ask you to consider putting your paperwork in now and contacting the African Inland Mission office for details on how to setup your bank requirements.
We are still planning for and working towards a departure date in October 2015, our financial deadline is the 31 July 2015. This departure date will change and be put back three months till January 2016 if the financial support is not in place by the deadline. We believe in and serve the God of miracles and trust him to achieve all requirements.
Serving our Saviour together Norm and Noeline Scott
- That we serve a risen Saviour and that he has called us into partnership, to serve him with our God given talents.
- Completion of Bible requirements and the enjoyment of studying the Word of God
- For the warm welcome and encouragement we are receiving from churches and individuals as we go around doing partnership development.
- For his strength and encouragement.
- That we raise our financial and prayer support
- For boldness and clarity as we do presentations in various churches and to friends
- For strength and endurance, as we complete all requirements
- As we start thinking through, making plans and actions for our imminent move to Tanzania.